BROMHEXIN 8 coated tablets 50 pc lung disease
BROMHEXIN 8 coated tablets 50 pc lung disease
Lung disease BROMHEXIN 8 Berlin-Chemie
Active ingredient: bromhexine hydrochloride.
BROMHEXIN 8 Lung disease Areas of application:
For expectorant treatment of acute and chronic diseases of the bronchi and lungs with thick mucus.
Note: Contains glucose, lactose monohydrate and sucrose
- 8 mg bromhexine hydrochloride
- Lactose-1 water
- Silica, finely divided
- Magnesium stearate (vegetable)
- Calcium carbonate
- Magnesium carbonate, light, basic
- Quinoline yellow
- Titanium dioxide
- Macrogol 6000
- Povidone K25
- Glucose solution
- Carnauba wax
BROMHEXIN 8 Berlin Lung disease Chemie Indication / application
- The medicine is a bronchosecretolytic (medicine to dissolve mucus in respiratory diseases with thick mucus).
- It is used for the expectorant treatment of acute and chronic diseases of the bronchi and lungs with thick mucus.
Lung disease BROMHEXIN 8 Berlin Chemie dosage
- Always take this medicine exactly as described or exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The dosage is based on the information in the table below.
Adults and adolescents over 14 years
- 1 - 2 coated tablets 3 times a day (equivalent to 24 - 48 mg bromhexine hydrochloride per day)
Children and adolescents between 6 and 14 years of age and patients weighing less than 50 kg
- 1 coated tablet 3 times a day (equivalent to 24 mg bromhexine hydrochloride per day)
- Adults and adolescents over 14 years
- Medicines with a lower active ingredient content are available for children under 6 years of age.
- The dosage is based on the information in the table below.
- In the case of impaired kidney function or severe liver disease, this medicinal product should be used more frequently or at a reduced dose. Please ask your doctor about this.
Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect is too strong or too weak.
Duration of application
- The duration of use depends on the type and severity of the disease and should be decided by the attending physician.
- If your clinical picture worsens or there is no improvement after 4 - 5 days, you should consult a doctor.
If you take more than you should
- In the event of an overdose, there are usually no signs of illness beyond the normal side effects to be expected. If there are serious symptoms, circulatory monitoring and, if necessary, treatment based on the symptoms may be necessary.
- If a small child has swallowed significant amounts, please contact the nearest doctor available.
If you forget to take a dose
- Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. Continue taking as described in the dosage instructions.
- If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
BROMHEXIN 8 Berlin Chemie Lung disease way
- Take the coated tablets with plenty of liquid after meals.
- Note: It can be useful to take in enough fluids.
BROMHEXIN 8 Berlin Lung disease Chemie Side effects
- Like all medicines, this medicine can have side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- If you experience any of the side effects listed below, stop taking the medicine and contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Uncommon side effects (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
- Nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea
Rare side effects (may affect up to 1 in 1000 people)
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Rash, hives
Frequency not known (cannot be estimated from the available data)
- allergic reactions up to anaphylactic shock (severe form of hypersensitivity reaction), angioedema (rapidly developing swelling of the skin, subcutaneous tissue, mucous membrane or the tissue under the mucous membrane) and itching
- severe skin reactions (including erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome / toxic epidermal necrolysis and acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis)
- If the first signs of a hypersensitivity reaction or changes in the skin or mucous membranes appear, the drug must not be taken again. In this case, please contact the nearest available doctor immediately.
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
Lung disease BROMHEXIN 8 Berlin Chemie Interactions
Use with other medicines
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently used, or are planning to use any other medicines.
- With the combined use of bromhexine and cough suppressants (antitussives), a dangerous accumulation of secretion can arise due to the restricted cough reflex, so that the indication for this combination treatment should be made particularly carefully.
- When using drugs that cause irritation in the gastrointestinal tract, an increase in gastric mucosal irritation is possible.
BROMHEXIN 8 Berlin Chemie Lung disease Contraindications
The medicine must not be taken
- if you are allergic to bromhexine hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- The drug should not be used in children under 6 years of age because of the high content of active ingredients.
Lung disease BROMHEXIN 8 Berlin Chemie pregnancy and breast feeding period
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, if you suspect you may be pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- There is no experience with the use of this drug during pregnancy in humans, so the drug may only be taken during pregnancy after the doctor has carefully weighed the benefits and risks and is not recommended in the first trimester of pregnancy.
- The medicine passes into breast milk. Since the effects on the infant have not been adequately investigated, the drug must not be used during breastfeeding.
BROMHEXIN 8 Berlin Chemie Patient Lung disease information
Warnings and Precautions
- There have been reports of severe skin reactions with the use of bromhexine. If you develop a rash (including damage to the lining of the mouth, throat, nose, eyes and genital area), please stop using this medicine and seek medical advice immediately.
Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking the medicine
- if you have or have ever had a stomach or duodenal ulcer, as the medicine may affect the mucosal barrier of the stomach and intestines.
- in some rare diseases of the bronchi that are associated with excessive accumulation of secretion (e.g. malignant ciliary syndrome). In these cases, the drug should only be used under medical supervision because of possible accumulation of secretions.
- if you have impaired kidney function or severe liver disease (the medicine will then be used at longer intervals or in a reduced dose, if instructed by your doctor). In the case of severely impaired kidney function, an accumulation of the degradation products formed in the liver must be expected.
- Liver function should be monitored occasionally, especially in the case of long-term treatment.
Driving and using machines
- The drug has no or negligible influence on the ability to drive and use machines.