ACICLOVIR Heumann cream 2 g
ACICLOVIR Heumann cream 2 g
Aciclovir Heumann cream, cream with 50 mg acyclovir / g
Applications: For the soothing treatment of pain and itching in the case of frequently recurring herpes infections with blistering in the lip area.
Note: Contains cetyl alcohol and propylene glycol. Status: 03/2011 For ACICLOVIR Heumann cream information
on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist!
ACICLOVIR Heumann cream Active ingredients
- 50 mg acyclovir
ACICLOVIR Heumann cream Auxiliary materials
- Purified water
- Propylene glycol
- Vaseline, white
- Paraffin, thin liquid
- Macrogol 1500
- Glycerol monostearate
- Cetyl alcohol
- Dimethicone 350
ACICLOVIR Heumann cream Indication / application
- The active ingredient of the drug inhibits the multiplication of herpes viruses (antivirals).
It is applied
- for the soothing treatment of pain and itching in the case of frequently recurring herpes infections with blistering in the lip area (recurrent herpes labialis).
ACICLOVIR Heumann cream dosage
- Always use this medicine exactly as described here or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor, the recommended dose is
- The cream is applied thinly to the infected skin areas 5 times a day every 4 hours during the day.
Duration of application
- The duration of treatment is generally 5 days. If the skin symptoms worsen during the treatment or if the blisters are not encrusted or healed after 10 days of treatment at the latest, the treatment must be discontinued and a doctor should be consulted.
- The duration of the usage will be decided by the medicating doctor. Please keep these times even if you are already feeling better.
If you forget to use it
- If you have forgotten to use an application, continue to use it as prescribed (for example, do not apply the cream more often or thickly).
If you cancel the application
- It is important to use the medicine for a long enough time for successful treatment.
- If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
ACICLOVIR Heumann cream way
- The medicine should be applied using a cotton swab, spreading the amount necessary for the size of the infected areas of the skin.
- When applying, care should be taken not only to cover the already visible signs of herpes (blisters, swelling, redness) with the cream, but also to include adjacent areas in the treatment.
- If the application is done by hand, it should be washed thoroughly before and after to avoid additional infection of the damaged skin areas, e.g. B. to prevent bacteria or a transmission of viruses to not yet infected mucous membrane and skin areas.
ACICLOVIR Heumann cream Side effects
- Like all medicines, this medicine can have side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Uncommon side effects (affects 1 to 10 users in 1,000):
- temporary burning or stinging on the treated areas of skin
- Drying and flaking of the skin treated with the cream
Rare side effects (affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000):
- allergic skin reaction (contact dermatitis). If allergological examinations were carried out, in most cases the other ingredients of the cream base and not the active ingredient acyclovir were found to be the cause of the skin reaction. Contact dermatitis can be recognized by the fact that skin reactions occur more intensely and go beyond the areas of skin treated with cream. In such cases, please speak to your doctor.
Very rare side effects (affect less than 1 in 10,000 people):
- Immediate-type hypersensitivity reactions including angioedema (swelling of the skin or mucous membrane, e.g. of the face, lips or tongue with difficulty swallowing or breathing) and hives (urticaria).
- In the event of severe hypersensitivity reactions, inform a doctor immediately!
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
ACICLOVIR Heumann cream Interactions
Use with other medicines
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently used, or may use any other medicines.
- No clinically meaningful interactions have been identified to date.
ACICLOVIR Heumann cream Contraindications
The drug must NOT be used
- if you are allergic to acyclovir, valaciclovir or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
ACICLOVIR Heumann cream pregnancy and breast feeding period
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, if you suspect you may be pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- The preparation should only be used during pregnancy after careful risk-benefit assessment. Therefore, please speak to a doctor before using the drug.
- Acyclovir is hardly absorbed by the body after topical use on healthy skin. The dose that a child would ingest through breastfeeding after using the drug on the mother is therefore small. If the preparation is used during breastfeeding, contact of the breastfed child with the treated body parts should be avoided.
ACICLOVIR Heumann cream Patient information
Warnings and Precautions
Please note the following warnings before and during treatment with the drug:
- The cream must not be applied to the mucous membranes (e.g. in the oral cavity, on the eye or in the vagina), otherwise local irritation can be expected. In particular, accidental contact of the cream with the eyes should be avoided
- If you have a severe immune system disorder (e.g. AIDS or after a bone marrow transplant), you must speak to a doctor before starting treatment. He may prescribe acyclovir in tablet form in this case.
- Please note the following warnings before and during treatment with the drug:
Driving and using machines
- To date, no effects on the ability to drive and use machines have been known.